What is the 2019 novel coronavirus (or COVID-19)?
色综合亚洲色综合吹潮_最不卡的一道本一区1_久久综合九色综合97_久久不射 It is part of a large family of viruses that are known to cause respiratory illness in humans and animals.
What are the symptoms of the coronavirus?
色综合亚洲色综合吹潮_最不卡的一道本一区1_久久综合九色综合97_久久不射 In confirmed coronavirus cases in humans, common symptoms have been fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
How is the current outbreak being monitored?
色综合亚洲色综合吹潮_最不卡的一道本一区1_久久综合九色综合97_久久不射 The Public Health Agency of Canada is working with international partners, including the World Health Organization, to actively monitor the situation.
What is the risk to Canadians?
The Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with the current novel coronavirus outbreak as low for Canada and for Canadian travelers. The risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available.
What is the University’s operational status?
Currently, there are no changes to class schedules or working operations. Unless the University receives new directives from public health officials, McGill will continue to follow its normal activity schedule.
I am worried about travelling, can I postpone or cancel my upcoming trip?
McGill travellers who used Vision Link/Direct Travel to book travel to an area not under a Global Affairs Canada advisory level of “avoid non-essential travel” or “avoid all travel” can inquire with obt [at] visionvoyages.ca (Vision Link/Direct Travel). Others should contact their travel agency or airline directly. In cases where activities are cancelled by the University, or by host universities/partners, affected students and staff should communicate with their department.
I am on exchange in Europe and the situation has become worrisome. Are there any plans around bringing exchange students back to McGill?
We understand that you may be worried about the situation. We reassure you that we are monitoring the situation worldwide, that we will reach out to our students abroad if there is a significant change in the situation, and that we will initiate a recall of students abroad if the situation in your region poses a safety threat. See travellers tab to check for updates: www.edgelessmma.com/coronavirus/travellers. In the meantime, we remind you of a few resources in case of need:
- If you need to contact McGill in an emergency or crisis while abroad, call McGill Security Services at +1-514-398-3000, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For more information, emergency contacts and safety tips while abroad, visit the McGill Abroad website.
- Global Affairs Canada has a 24/7 SOS hotline in Ottawa where Canadians can request . Their sos [at] international.gc.ca (Email address), and telephone is +1 613 996 8885 (call collect where available). Information on the Embassies and Consulates can be .
- If you have not yet with the Government of Canada, please do so ASAP.
I recently returned from international travel, should I come to class or to work?
色综合亚洲色综合吹潮_最不卡的一道本一区1_久久综合九色综合97_久久不射 In accordance with the most recent recommendations, students, faculty and staff should continue their usual campus activities, UNLESS:
- You were in Hubei province China or Iran within the last 14 days. Federal health authorities recommend calling 811 within 24 hours of arrival and self-isolation at home for a period of 14 days following return, while watching out for symptoms. ()
- You have flu symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) and were in Mainland China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Northern Italy, within the last 14 days or in close contact with a symptomatic person who had been to these areas within the last 14 days. Check .
色综合亚洲色综合吹潮_最不卡的一道本一区1_久久综合九色综合97_久久不射If you are in one of these two categories and present symptoms it is recommended that you inform your health care provider about your symptoms and travel history. If you are worried about your health or how you may present a potential risk to others (without having consulted a health care provider), you can contact Info-Santé 811 (service available 24/7) to help assess the situation and follow guidance as required.
If you are not in one of these two categories you can come to class or work.
What do I do if I don’t have a family doctor?
You can call Info-Santé (811), where a qualified health care professional who will advise you on next steps.
Are surgical masks effective protection from the coronavirus?
According to public health officials, surgical masks do not provide effective protection. Masks are not designed to filter virus-sized particles or be worn for long periods of time, and are prone to leakage. It is preferable to practice health precautions to further reduce risk: prioritize hand-washing, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, discarding tissues after use, not touching the face and mouth, and seeking medical attention when symptoms arise.
How can I get support if I feel overwhelmed or distressed by the situation?
The Student Wellness Hub and Employee and Family Assistance Program色综合亚洲色综合吹潮_最不卡的一道本一区1_久久综合九色综合97_久久不射 offer resources to support community members’ mental and emotional well-being.
McGill students, faculty and staff who have additional questions about the coronavirus as it relates to their studies or work can write to COVID-19.info [at] edgelessmma.com